Finance Officer - 1 Position in Uganda
14 July 2022
Location: BDO Uganda
Job Title *::
Contact: Kenneth Makanga
We are in search of a Finance Officer with at least three years of experience. Explore below, the qualifications required for the role and submit your application.
The Job description
As a Finance Officer you will provide financial and administrative support to colleagues, clients and stakeholders of the business.
The specific roles are highlighted below:
- Bookkeeping & Records Management – you will accurately post all approved cash and non -vouchers, prepare and code all the vouchers before posting them into the system, ensure that reconciled balance sheet & general Ledger are signed off and filled, properly & timely file documents, update fixed assets register and keep track of the amortisation schedule, support with providing auditors with information & explanations to their Queries, invoice clients & manage debtors by updating payments and issuing reminders to pay, manage payables by reconciling and processing vendor payments.
- Payroll management and monthly returns – you will ensure timely accountability of staff advances and staff accountable, payment & Submission of statutory returns i.e., PAYE, NSSF, withholding tax, stamp duty, Income tax, directors return etc.
- Disbursement and Custody of securities – you will update the weekly cashflow position before any disbursement or payment are done and share with the management, timely Disbursement of monthly airtime, salary loans and staff advance as of when need arises, update, reconcile & properly file organisational asset register & other documents.
- Finance and management report – you will support in preparation of accurate and timely management reports together with Budget Variances and provisional computation, accurate and timely financial schedules to be shared with the supervisor on a regular basis, resolve financial disputes raised by the teams, be a key point of contact for other departments on financial and accounting matters.
- Any other duties as maybe assigned from time to time by the Finance Manager.
Desired Qualifications, skills, and attributes
Qualifications & Experiences:
- Essential; Bachelor’s degree in Finance and Accounting or Business.
- Desirable; a holder of a professional certification in CPA or ACCA
- Three years’ experience in a similar role.
- Comfortable using Advanced excel, QuickBooks, Sage and other relevant financial tools and applications.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Problem solving
- A good work ethic
- Teamwork and collaboration
- A customer centric approach to work
- Excellent analytical and numerical skills
What to expect
The FO role involves a high level of responsibility and accountability and when required one may spend time travelling between stakeholder offices0.
*BDO has a strong commitment to diversity. Initiatives such as targeted recruitment, internal mentoring and diversity networks for career growth are established.
How to apply:
Candidates that know they meet the above criteria and have what it takes to excel in the above position should send as one attachment, their applications with an updated CV with 3 referees and academic certificates/testimonials to [email protected] not later 22nd July 2022.