Office Senior Administrator
20 July 2023
Location: BDO Uganda
Job Title *:: Service officers
Contact: Kenneth Makanga
The Office Administrator will coordinate the activities and operations of the department including procurement, and general administrative duties to ensure the smooth and efficient day-to-day running of the office.
Duties and Responsibilities
Office and Asset management
- Ensure the office is stocked with necessary supplies for the smooth running of the office
- Manage the inventory stock take and monitor the procures needed supplies for the office, reception, and kitchen
- Ensure the maintenance and repair of machinery, equipment, and electrical and mechanical systems.
- Update the asset register in close coordination with the supervisor
- Manage office transport and organize airport transfers for staff and visitors.
- Arranging for Flight bookings, visas, hotel accommodation, conference facilities
- Coordination of providing travel-related advice and notices to BDO staff.
- Scheduling BDO staff/visitor-related inland travels
- Handling procurements from user departments.
- Prepare the quotation evaluations from suppliers/vendors for purchases
- Update the Suppliers list with new onboarding suppliers/vendors
- Manage the issuing of goods received notes to suppliers/vendors
- Ensure certificate of completion for goods or services delivered are provided by vendors
- Ensure the service provider EFRIS invoices are attached to LPOs
- Supervise the organizing and storing of information using computers and filing systems.
- Manage the planning, organizing, scheduling, and promoting of office events, conferences, and training sessions.
- Taking minutes for Administration meetings
- Assisting other service lines with special projects as needed
- Handle any other responsibilities as assigned from time to time by the Assistant Manager.
A good Candidate should possess the following:
- Educated to a bachelor’s degree level and any additional qualifications will be an added advantage.
- Proven experience as an Office Administrator
- Familiarity with office machines (e.g., computers, scanners, printers, etc.)
- Knowledge of office management
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office (especially Excel and Word)
- Proficient in English (oral and written)
- Strong communication skills
- Good organizational and multi-tasking abilities
- Problem-solving skills
- Customer service orientation
To be successful in this role you will:
- Be able to deliver first-class office service and work effectively as part of the team.
- Be well organized with your work at all times.
We offer excellent remuneration packages at all levels.
We take pride in recognizing and rewarding hard work and achievement through regular performance evaluations and promotions.
Your development is assured through on-the-job training and a comprehensive program of internal workshop sessions run by the Learning and Development Team, other BDO network offices, and other external workshops.
Applicants are required to send their application letters and CV to [email protected] by 5th August 2023. Only successful applicants will be contacted.