AUDIT MANAGER - UGANDA
19 August 2022
Location: BDO Uganda
Job Title *::
Contact: Nicholas Mushabenta
Our innovative and growing firm is searching for experienced candidates for the position of AUDIT MANAGER. If you are looking for an exciting place to work, take a look at the list of qualifications below.
The Job description
The manager will be responsible for organizing and managing audits according to audit plans. The responsibilities of audit managers include overseeing the process of audits, making recommendations on policies, and ensuring that the firm fulfills all round obligations of compliance.
The specific roles are highlighted below:
- Obtains sufficient and appropriate audit evidence, addressing the relevant audit objectives and demonstrating how it relates to the rest of the audit, to demonstrate knowledge of basic auditing skills
- Documents the results of audit work performed, including design and implementation of controls, by the requirements of the firm's Audit Methodology and where applicable, regulatory requirements, using applicable IT systems and tools.
- Identifies audit differences and issues and escalates as appropriate.
- Demonstrates knowledge of prevailing accounting standards as well as accounting disclosure requirements of the jurisdiction by applying knowledge to allocated work.
- Displays up-to-date technical knowledge by attending all mandatory audit and accounting training, completing all required Computer Based Training within deadlines set, and applying this training to audit work where appropriate.
- Complies with all confidentiality policies of own firm and applicable regulatory authorities.
- Applies knowledge of current issues in audit, accounting, financial reporting standards, regulatory requirements, and industry-specific concerns to client engagements, identifies where they may impact a client, and reflects these in the audit documentation.
- Applies knowledge of the firm’s Audit Methodology to carry out and document the results of audit work using technology tools.
- Begins to assess the sufficiency and appropriateness of evidence and conclusions reached on an audit by reviewing the working papers of junior staff and begins to participate in the evaluation of issues raised with the direct manager.
- Identifies issues for reporting to the management and other communications with management and those charged with governance and prepares the first drafts.
- Reviews the Planning Document to identify significant inherent risks and fraud risks that have not already been captured and assesses the detailed audit approach.
- Contributes to the planning and review of audit programs appropriate to the firm, prepared by the team, to assess whether the planned audit tests will obtain sufficient and appropriate evidence.
- Applies knowledge of evidence gathering by concluding on key accounting issues, incorporating the work of the team, from the review of the audit files.
Desired Qualifications, skills, and attributes
Qualifications & Experiences:
- Bachelor's degree; at least 5 years of experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified. Member of ACCA and or ICPAU.
- Completed degree(s) from an accredited institution that is above the minimum education requirement may be substituted for experience on a year-for-year basis.
- Ability to work effectively with diverse populations.
- Ability to supervise and train employees, including organizing, prioritizing, and scheduling work assignments.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems.
- Skill in examining and re-engineering operations and procedures, formulating policy, and developing and implementing new strategies and procedures.
- Ability to foster a cooperative work environment.
- Ability to develop, plan, and implement short- and long-range goals.
- Knowledge of auditing concepts and principles.
- Ability to develop and implement audit plans and schedules.
- Knowledge of financial recordkeeping procedures, laws, regulations, and standards.
- Ability to persuade and influence others.
- Understanding of IT control environment.
- Ability to motivate others and promote teamwork.
What to expect
Audit work is constantly evolving and demands flexible hours of work, and a dedication to meeting project milestones and deadlines. It involves a high level of responsibility and accountability. Auditors may spend considerable time traveling between client sites when the need arises. Considerable time away from home will be required where fieldwork is involved.
BDO has a strong commitment to diversity. Initiatives such as targeted recruitment, internal mentoring, and diversity networks for career growth are established.
How to apply:
Candidates that know they meet the above criteria and have what it takes to excel in the above position should send as one attachment, their applications with an updated CV with 3 referees and academic certificates/testimonials to [email protected] no later than
09TH September 2022.