Audit Senior, Global Audit department
23 May 2022
Location: BDO Kenya
Job Title *::
Contact: Clifford Ah Chip
BDO in Kenya is a leading Audit, Tax, Advisory and Business Services & Outsourcing services firm and a member firm of BDO International.
Over the years we have built a large portfolio of clients from both the public and private sector that is diverse in size and industry. We service small and medium enterprises to large corporate bodies and international corporations.
Our professionals have gained precious insights from serving this diverse client base and we use this experience to help our clients in East Africa confront local, regional and global business challenges.
Grade: C1 - C2
Direct reports: None
Job Location: Nairobi
Overall Job Purpose
To conduct assigned audits for diverse clients across the Globe, and report to the Manager any critical issues identified during the course of the audit, as well as ensuring that the work is done in accordance with the BDO Audit Methodology.
Roles and responsibilities
Audit Planning and Execution
- Designing, planning and implementing financial audit plans for each assignment in accordance with the set standards/ guidelines and in compliance with IFRS’s IAS’s, IPSAS’s, GAAPs and BDO framework.
- Keep up to date with any changes or planned changes to accounting Standards and other pronouncements and understand their impact upon the audit strategy.
- Collaborate with other team members of the engagement team to plan the engagement and develop work program timelines, risk assessments and other planning documents.
- Establish, maintain and enforce effective compliance procedures, covering all legal and regulatory requirements of the client business.
- Conduct tests for various documents and reports accuracy and compliance.
- Evaluate and examine policies, procedures and systems in place for compliance, advising and reporting aspects of material non-compliance.
- Ensure all risks highlighted and management letter points are followed up and resolved satisfactorily.
- Monitor engagement economics by identifying and explaining variances from plan.
- Monitor component progress to ensure expectations are met through initiating discussions with service team and obtaining ongoing feedback from client.
- Conduct interactive interviews to obtain and clarify perceptions, define issues, assess options and gain consensus.
- Prepare statutory accounts including consolidations.
- Advise clients on accounting treatments, identifying weaknesses and inefficiencies in controls and related process improvements.
- Identify and discuss risks with Team Manager on a timely basis.
- Prepare initial draft of reports or other client and external communications.
- Make recommendations that reflect understanding of generally accepted auditing standards and risks inherent to client’s business/industry.
- Responsible to the engagement manager for day-to-day client contact and conduct of audit work.
Client Engagement and Relationship Management
- Develop and maintain productive working relationships with client personnel and assess client’s satisfaction.
- Advising the clients on areas of improvement needed (value addition services) and advise on matters relating to financial performance, tax legislation matters and business improvement areas.
Billing and Collections
- Billing and follow up of debtors.
Team Management & Operational Support
- Direct fieldworks daily, inform supervisors/managers of the engagement status, and manage staff performance.
- Train junior team members on audit techniques and software.
- Any other tasks reasonably assigned to the staff by the management from time to time and within their skill set.
Skills and Competencies/ Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree - preferably in a business-oriented area: Finance, Accounting, Economics, etc
- CPA or ACCA Finalist
- At least four (4) years of post-qualification experience in audit
- Excellent numerical and analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills – both written and oral English
- Professional scepticism
- A strong personality with good presentation skills
- Well versed with IFRS and ISA
- Well versed with various accounting software and applications used by different industry sectors and be comfortable in a computerized environment
- Proactive with staff and clients and able to work under pressure to meet client expectations and deadlines
- Proactive in improving skills through training
- Represent the Firm in a professional manner at all times through punctuality, appearance and presentation
Please send your CV to [email protected] with the subject titled: ‘Application for Audit Senior, Global Audit department’. Do not attach academic certificates or testimonials. The application deadline is 10th June 2022. BDO in Kenya is an equal opportunities employer. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.