SENIOR ACCOUNTS ASSOCIATE
20 July 2023
Location: BDO Uganda
Job Title *:: Accounting assistants
Contact: Christopher Kintu Ssenono
BDO East Africa Advisory Services Ltd (herewith “BDO Uganda”) is a member firm of BDO International, the global 5th largest accounting firm providing a full range of audit, tax, consulting, and advisory services to international clients. BDO Uganda is one of the five fully-fledged offices of BDO East Africa, located in Kenya (Nairobi), Tanzania (Dar-es-Salaam), Uganda (Kampala), Rwanda (Kigali), and Ethiopia (Addis Ababa).
We are excited to have you explore our Senior Associate role based in Kampala,
As a Senior Accounts Associate, you will report directly to the Line Manager.
Key Purpose Statement:
The Senior Accounts Associate will be responsible for a portfolio of clients who have entrusted BDO to manage all or portions of their financial affairs.
Key Outputs and Accountabilities:
- Execute necessary bookkeeping as well as preparing accounting reports and facts.
- Prepare and coordinate donor-specific audits/assessments.
- Review and maintain the integrity of the Finance Coordinator's monthly balance sheet reconciliations for accuracy.
- Perform quarterly reconciliation between the GL and the asset registers to ensure information recorded on the GL matches what is reported in the register.
- Review of accounts for appropriate supervision of transactions and placement.
- Coordinate and liaise with Donor’s Accounting team on financial reports and follow up on supplemental information as required.
- Ensure that the Firm’s quality control procedures are adhered to.
- Manage the country treasury function (cash, bank, receivables, and payables) and ensure adequate resources are available for both administrative and programmatic spending.
- Keep up to date with the latest accounting, auditing, and tax developments.
- Support development and implementation of policies, systems, and procedures to ensure quality financial, transparency, and adoption of best practices.
- Identify statutory and regulatory changes that will affect own clients.
- Establish a close working relationship with clients; understands issues & provide solutions.
- Liaise and communicate with the Management team to ensure a good flow of information, including raising awareness on areas of risk or concern.
Qualifications, Experience, and Competences
- A bachelor’s degree in any field from a recognized university.
- Knowledge of USAID / CDC guidelines
- Attainment of a professional accounting qualification (Completed Level II).
- Knowledge of QuickBooks
- Strong team playing skills.
- Highest standard of ethics and integrity
- Ability to work collaboratively with diverse finance and non-finance teams.
- Willing and open to take on tasks and challenges provided by the Manager.
- Be committed and motivated.
- Be able to deliver first-class client service and work effectively as part of a team,
- Ability to communicate clearly both verbally and in writing,
- Organized and prioritized workload,
- High level of commercial awareness.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience working in accounting, business outsourcing, payroll, and fund management.
- Experience with grant/fund management and working for an international Not-for-Profit-Organisation.
*BDO has a strong commitment to diversity. Initiatives such as targeted recruitment, internal mentoring, and diversity networks for career growth are established.
Applicants are required to send their application letters and CV to [email protected] by 5th August 2023. Only successful applicants will be contacted.