SENIOR TAX ADVISORS (TWO POSITIONS) - UGANDA
12 July 2023
Location: BDO Uganda
Job Title *::
Contact: John Jet Tusabe
Jump-Start Your Career with BDO EAST AFRICA!!
We are looking for two Senior Tax Advisors to provide tax and regulatory services to our clients.
The Job description
The Senior Tax Advisor will be responsible for supporting our clients’ needs and manage their tax obligations across unique but ever-changing tax specialties locally and internationally, while acting as a strategic consultant related to business analysis, managing direct and indirect taxes, dispute resolution, and global enterprise tax solutions.
The specific roles are highlighted below:
- Application and an understanding of taxation principles and the Ugandan tax environment, alongside the objectives of tax compliance, advisory, and their role in the process.
- Draft client tax advisory reports on specifically identified issues on transactions that have happened in the past or are expected to happen in the future.
- Monitor legislative developments and advise clients with respect to the potential impact of proposed legislation or tax administrative changes on their businesses.
- Draft tax opinions and tax alerts depending on the tax changes locally and internationally and follow through and ensure that these changes are communicated to clients.
- Maintain tax records and keep up with all filing deadlines related to taxes for clients.
- Support the tax team in dealing with employment and expatriate tax issues, among others.
- Interact with client personnel and demonstrate commitment to continually improve our client’s satisfaction.
- Build and maintain cooperative relationships with client engagement teams, contributing to a work environment that leads to high morale, productivity, and open communication.
- Build and maintain a cordial relationship with internal and external stakeholders to facilitate the execution of work.
- Represent clients to resolve tax disputes with the URA or the National Security Fund.
- Support clients in preparation and review of transfer pricing reports and other international tax issues.
- Provide support to clients in court regarding tax-related disputes where necessary.
- Support estate planning for clients by advising on the best avenues to pass wealth to their heirs through wills and trusts.
Desired Qualifications, skills and Attributes
Qualifications & Experiences:
- University degree with a bias in accounting- minimum Upper Second.
- Professional Accounting Certification - Certified Public Accountant (Uganda) or ACCA; at least 3 years’ experience in a reputable accounting firm.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong planning, research, and writing skills.
- General knowledge of corporate tax compliance
- Good knowledge of the employment laws in Uganda
- Teamwork and collaboration
- Self-drive with a high sense of ambition
What to expect
This position will provide the right person with an opportunity to learn from the best and gain top-quality experience. You will have a line performance manager focused on supporting you in your role, coaching you to develop your skills and assessing your progress. You’ll have a variety of interesting challenges ahead of you, and we help you each step of the way.
*BDO has a strong commitment to diversity. Initiatives such as targeted recruitment, internal mentoring, and diversity networks for career growth are established.
How to apply:
Candidates that meet the above criteria and have what it takes to excel in the above position should send as one attachment, their applications with an updated CV with 3 referees and academic certificates/testimonials to [email protected] not later than 24th July 2023.