Mergers, Acquisitions and Restructuring
There are many reasons why corporate groups need to confront Kenya’s complex tax laws. Companies often pursue acquisitions, divestment, expansion, offshore trading or simply to rationalize an historically complex structure. Whatever the reason, proper attention to tax and commercial outcomes is critical to maximizing the benefits available through structuring and/or restructuring.
At BDO we partner with our clients to understand their needs. We apply our detailed tax and commercial experience to ensure corporate groups structure their affairs to maximize the available opportunities for the good of business. With deep experience across industry sectors, and one of the world’s largest accounting and consulting networks, our professionals are uniquely qualified to meet particular needs of our clients, whatever they may be.
Our corporate tax experts are experienced in advising on major transactions, providing opportunities for tax effective results and avoiding any tax risks. We combine our understanding of the transaction, the commercial and tax implications, and your desired outcomes to deliver results. Our service model is built upon a transparent, highly collaborative approach, and BDO ensures that you have access to the people you need, when you need them. We can give you specialist advice across key tax areas that confront corporate groups of any size including:
- Advising on structuring a merger transaction – whether it’s a wholly domestic transaction or involves offshore operations
- Structuring the financing arrangements including advise on thin capitalization
- Undertaking tailored due diligence procedures to ensure underlying issues are identified.
- Tax modeling and tax benefit analyses
- Post-acquisition integration/optimization and remediation services