For most organizations, data is their most asset – in particular, personal data is one that they need to collect, manage, and protect with care.
BDO is proud to present to you Part 2 on the Data Privacy and Data Protection webinar series, that is guaranteed to enrich the knowledge of those who attend.
Data Privacy Webinar series ahead:
- 25 August – part 2 - Key roles in Data Privacy.
- 28 September – part 3 - Start Your Compliance Journey with BDO.
- 19 October – part 4 - Data Protection Laws in East Africa.
- 23 November – part 5 - Tips to avoid complaints to the Regulatory Bodies.
THE TOPICS to be covered during this five-part series will include:
- Registration Requirements under Data Protection Legislations
- How to Register
- Registration forms
- Deadline/Timeframes for registration
- Validity of Registration
- Cancellation of Registration
- Brief description of Controller, Processor, Sub-Processor, Data Collector and Third Parties
- Relationship between different roles
- Obligations of Controller, Processor, Data Collector
- Controller and Processor Agreements – the basics
- Data Inventory/Data Mapping
- Gap Analysis
- Developing Privacy Framework
- Drafting Policies, Procedures and Contracts
- ImplementationSnapshots for compliance for specific departments (e.g., HR and Finance)
- Comparison chart between EU GDPR and East Africa data protection legislations
- Staff Training
- Protect Personal Data
- Respond to Data Subject Access Requests on time
- Transparency about collection and use of personal data
- CCTV and Video Surveillance limits
- Collect only necessary and minimum personal data
- Be proactive about data protection – hire a data protection officer
Register in advance for this webinar using the link below: