The Internal Audit function of the Future
In most organizations, shareholders are not typically involved in the day-to-day operations of the company, but rather, they rely on the board of directors, management, and the company’s employees to protect and further their interests.
Internal audit is vital to maintaining effective risk management, internal controls, and robust corporate governance. In challenging times, internal audit can serve as a foundation in protecting shareholder value and instilling confidence in shareholders that the organization is well-governed.
BDO Internal Audit in East Africa is proud to present a five-part series of webinars on Internal Audit, covering diverse topics that are bound to add value to organizations that learn the lessons and implement them successfully.
Internal Audit webinars ahead:
Wednesday 13 July 2022 - PART 1: The Internal Audit function of the Future.
Wedneday 31 August 2022 - PART 2: Agile Audit Methodologies in Internal audit framework.
Thursday 8 September 2022 - PART 3: Internal Audit in the Digital age: Technology-Enabled Internal Audit.
Thursday 6 October 2022 - PART 4: Risk Management and Internal Audit's Role in Evaluating Segregation of Duties.
Thursday 10 November 2022 - PART 5: Contract management and internal auditors’ role to yield savings and results.
THE TOPICS to be covered during this five-part series will include:
PART 1: The Internal Audit function of the Future
- Internal audit: From operations to strategy
- Shifting internal audit model
- Skill requirements: The ‘ideal’ Internal auditor
- Structured learning to proficiency
- Concluding thoughts & Q &A
PART 2: Agile Audit Methodologies in Internal audit framework
- Agile internal audit function
- Value proposition
- Scrum framework
- Challenges, pitfalls and key lessons
- Scrum it up
Please register here: https://us06web.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_UXktxl80RXi0hjt91YVkxQ
PART 3: Internal Audit in the Digital age: Technology-Enabled Internal Audit
- Digital revolution and its impact in the internal audit profession
- Data analytics and automation opportunities within internal audit
- Internal audit's role in driving adoption of digital tools and starting digital initiatives
PART 4: Risk Management and Internal Audit's Role in Evaluating Segregation of Duties
- Overview – SOD
- Conflict Reasoning
- IT role in SOD
- Role of IA in evaluating SOD
PART 5: Contract management and internal auditors’ role to yield savings and results
- Overview of contract compliance and IA role in assessing contracts
- Key factors in reviewing contracts for optimal impact
- Insights and emerging best practice