With the intense internal and external scrutiny, and increased focus on governance and corporate responsibility, senior leaders and audit committees now depend on internal audits to drive value throughout their organizations. They rely on internal auditors to assist in identifying and navigating risks beyond those related to the financial statements.
The BDO Internal Audit team in East Africa is proud to present part two of our series of webinars on Internal Audit, covering diverse topics that are bound to add value to organizations that learn the lessons and implement them successfully.
Internal Audit webinars ahead:
Wednesday 31 August 2022 - PART 2: Agile Audit Methodologies in Internal audit framework.
Thursday 15 September 2022 - PART 3: Internal Audit in the Digital age: Technology Enabled Internal Audit.
Thursday 6 October 2022 - PART 4: Risk Management and Internal Audit's Role in Evaluating Segregation of Duties.
Thursday 10 November 2022 - PART 5: Contract management and internal auditors’ role to yield savings and results.
THE TOPICS to be covered during this five-part series will include:
PART 1: The Internal Audit function of the Future
- Internal audit: From operations to strategy
- Shifting internal audit model
- Skill requirements: The ‘ideal’ Internal auditor
- Structured learning to proficiency
- Concluding thoughts & Q &A
PART 2: Agile Audit Methodologies in Internal audit framework
- Agile internal audit function
- Value proposition
- Scrum framework
- Challenges, pitfalls and key lessons
- Scrum it up
PART 3: Internal Audit in the Digital age: Technology-Enabled Internal Audit
- Digital revolution and its impact in the internal audit profession
- Data analytics and automation opportunities within internal audit
- Internal audit's role in driving adoption of digital tools and starting digital initiatives
PART 4: Risk Management and Internal Audit's Role in Evaluating Segregation of Duties
- Overview – SOD
- Conflict Reasoning
- IT role in SOD
- Role of IA in evaluating SOD
PART 5: Contract management and internal auditors’ role to yield savings and results
- Overview of contract compliance and IA role in assessing contracts
- Key factors in reviewing contracts for optimal impact
- Insights and emerging best practice
Register in advance for this webinar using the link below: