This privacy statement (“Privacy Statement”) applies only to this Global Portal which is provided by [BDO EAST AFRICA] (also referred to below as “we”, “us”, “our” or “BDO”).
As part of BDO East Africa’s commitment to privacy we have adopted this privacy statement which applies solely to the content on the Global Portal, and not to each individual web site it redirects to.
By using the BDO East Africa website when submitting any personal information to us, you agree to the use by us of your personal information in accordance with the terms of this Privacy Statement.
By providing any personal information to this Website, you fully understand and unambiguously consent to the transfer of such personal information, and the collection and processing of such personal information provided, to the extent permitted in this Privacy Statement.
How do you use my personal information?
We only use the personal information that you provide to deal with your request, and to manage this Global Portal and the services that we offer to you via this Global Portal as described in this Privacy Statement.
Will you provide my information to a third party?
We do not provide information to third parties for their own marketing purposes and we do not undertake mailings for third parties.
Updating this Privacy Statement
We may modify or update this Privacy Statement from time to time. You will be able to see when we last updated the Privacy Statement because we will include a revision date.
How long do you keep my information?
We only keep your Information for the period required for fulfilling your request and will delete it in accordance with our data retention policies.
We collect the following types of personal information:
- Contact information, such as your name, title, role, employer, telephone, email address, and mailing address.
- Visitor information when you attend at our offices or events, such as your name, company, and person you visited at our offices and events
- Mandate information, such as information about the services you have requested or the matters that you are involved in
- Services information, such as information that you provide or that we generate as part of our services. This information may include: financial, spousal and dependent, beneficiary, residency and other information relevant to providing tax, estate planning, and business planning, tax-related information when we are providing tax or financial advisory services; employee information, including salaries and benefits, when we are conducting restructuring services and management advisory services; customer and vendor information when we are conducting an audit or assisting with information technology implementation
- Public profiles, such as information that you have made public such as on LinkedIn or your company’s website
- Communication preferences and interests, such as when you subscribe to receive our newsletters, updates, or other materials
- Feedback, such as when you fill out client surveys or feedback forms at our events
- Recruitment information, such as CVs, references, and other information you may provide if you apply for employment or an internship, or that we collect as part of our recruitment activities
- Background check information, such as credit checks, criminal records checks, economic and other sanctions check, credential checks and other background information
- Portal registration information, such as email address, password and activities using our client portal
- Device and browser information when you use our website https://www.bdo-ea.com a BDO East Africa microsite (such as our client portal)
- Browsing information when you use our website www.bdo-ea.com a BDO East Africa microsite or mobile app, such as URL clickstream data about your visit to, through and from our website, page response times, downloads, length of visits and interaction information
- Marketing interaction information, such as whether you opened one of our electronic newsletters or clicked on an advertisement or otherwise interacted with our marketing materials
Lawful basis for processing
- We ensure that processing is only carried out where a lawful basis for processing exists, and in addition, where we have assigned a lawful basis against each processing activity. Where no other lawful basis applies, we may seek to rely on the individual’s consent to process data. However, we understand that consent must be freely given, specific, informed, and unambiguous. Where consent is to be sought, we will do so on a specific and individual basis where appropriate.
- Employees will be given clear instructions on the desired processing activity, informed of the consequences of their consent and of their clear right to withdraw consent at any time
Access to data
- Individuals have a right to access the personal data that we hold on them. To exercise this right, individuals may make a Subject Access Request. We will comply with the request without delay.
- Individuals have the right to ask us to correct any incomplete or inaccurate personal information we hold about them. We recommend that you raise any issue with incorrect, incomplete, or inaccurate personal information with the BDO personnel who are assisting you
How to contact us