BDO Kenya was established by the current partnership of BDO Mauritius, by bringing on board local partners in 1996. It was then a part of the Arthur Andersen network and traded as DCDM. The firm joined the BDO network in January 2009.
Operating out of one office in Nairobi with 100 partners and staff, the organisation has established itself as a respected professional services firm in Kenya and the region.
At BDO, we are structured in a way that gives you quicker access to our senior professionals who will give your requirements adequate deep thought so that you get timely and decisive advise best suited for you.
BDO's values can be summarised thus:
"Our beliefs drive our people to make choices ethically, professionally, and in the best interest of our clients. They unite our diverse and culturally rich manpower into one talent pool committed to delivering high standards of professional service as per the well documented BDO quality and compliance guidelines and methodologies. These beliefs have created leadership and focused excellence that characterise our firm. These beliefs are embedded on our core values of:
- Teamwork and
- Effective communication
We offer our services along the following key service lines:
- Audit and Assurance (External Audit, Project Audit, Expert Witness, Agreed Upon Procedures)
- Tax – (Advisory, Compliance for corporates, cross border and HNWIs)
- Business Advisory –
- Corporate Finance and Transaction Advisory (including Due Diligences and Valuation)
- Risk Advisory (including Internal Audit and Forensic Accounting and Investigations)
- Corporate Recovery (including IBR, Restructuring, Receiverships, Insolvency practice)
- IT & Data Advisory (Implementation, Project Management, AI/ML/RPA, Business Intelligence)
- Development Advisory (Economic Consulting, Market studies, NGO/ CBO/ FMA work)
- Business Advisory (Strategy, HR Consulting, Process consulting)
- Business Services Outsourcing – (Accounting, Payroll, Secretarial Services, Employments and Permits)