Financial Reporting Advisory
Technical Advice Tailored to your Business
Our team's interdisciplinary approach will guide you and your company through financial reporting issues that emerge outside the reporting cycle. We will provide advice and the practical support you need.
We combine expert technical knowledge with practical, commercial experience in order to develop technically robust financial reporting solutions aligned to your business.
Every business faces a financial reporting or accounting issue at some point when preparing their financial reports. In these situations, expert advice underpinned by an in-depth understanding of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) is crucial.
BDO’s specialist advisers are experts in interpreting IFRS requirements. We can advise you on the application of accounting standards and help to resolve more complex accounting problems.
With BDO’s financial reporting advisory services, you can access:
- Accounting opinions on the application of IFRS
- Draft disclosures
- Training on specific accounting matters
- Technical presentations of accounting standards.
Our technical experts invest heavily in remaining up to date with the application of accounting standards, allowing us to go beyond simply providing financial reporting advisory services.
Below are some common examples of where we can help:
- Impact analysis - we will help you understand and prepare for changes in accounting standards and the impact that they can have on reported results, tax, distributable reserves and the wider business.
- Transaction support - we will address the key accounting issues that arise from transactions such as mergers, acquisitions, disposals and IPOs.
- Reorganisations and Restructurings - we can assist with any accounting complexities that arise from group reorganisations and restructurings. We will help achieve the best possible outcome for you.
Finally, we can provide any level of support for financial reporting including technical accuracy reviews, competitor benchmarking and disclosure note drafting.